Adding a custom Kodi splash screen is easy, but I, too, needed a resource to locate the root file. These instructions are for a Windows machine, but should apply to most Kodi installs on most machines.
What’s the Kodi splash screen? It’s the opening intro you may or may not see for a long time based on the speed of your machine.
- Grab yourself a high-resolution custom flash screen for Kodi. The one I used can be found on XBMC’s wiki here.
- Make sure you have “show hidden files” enabled in your O/S
- Navigate to the below folder on your Windows machine (Update: Note that in the paths below the “XBMC” directory in the roaming folder will now be “Kodi.”):
C: = your drive letter
Trevor = your user name
- Here you will see your existing splash image file labeled “Splash.png.” Change this to anything including “Splash2.png.”
- Rename the file you downloaded and want as your custom Kodi splash screen image to “Splash.png.” Yes, you need the .png file extension.
- Place “Splash.png” in the media folder.
That’s it. You’ve just added a custom Kodi Splash Screen to your Windows machine.Tags: cable, cinema, comcast, dish network, dish tv, film, free cable tv for all. This means that kodi addons, free movies, free tv, Hi kodi users, horror movies, imdb, kodi, kodi addons, kodi app, kodi box, kodi download, kodi download is available free on their website. kodi app can be found at the same location or on google play, kodi exodus, Kodi for android, Kodi for android will be mentioned regularly. TV online is not new and is the future. Dish network, kodi movie, movie times, moviefone, movies, movies in theaters, movies out now, My channel primarily focuses on cutting the cord, new movies, online movies, online tv, scary movie, showtime, stream tv, streaming tv, theater, tv channels, tv online, watch movies online, xbmc, xfinity, youtube movies