Terms of Services
A. Services Fees.
AppBiz deducts one or more of the following fees, as applicable, from payments made by Employers to Freelancers:
(1) Project Fee. AppBiz charges all Freelancers a Project Fee. The fee is based on a Freelancer’s profile membership type and is deducted from the total amount paid by an Employer for a Project. Freelancer’s are charged a 3% to 10% Project Fee.
(2) Employer Payment Processing Fee. If an Employer pays a Freelancer, an Employer Payment Processing Fee depending on the mode of payment will be charged to the Employer.
(3) Freelancer Transfer Method Fee. If, upon a Freelancer’s request, funds are to be disbursed via check or an NEFT transfer or through Paypal a Freelancer Transfer Method Fee will be charged to the Freelancer as described on the Website.
(4) Dispute Resolution Service Fee. For use of Dispute Resolution Service, irrespective of the nature of resolution and any resulting disbursements, AppBiz charges a Dispute Resolution Service Fee, equal to 5% of the total amount paid by an Employer to AppBiz for the applicable project to which such payment relates.
B. We reserve the right to change membership fees, service fees, processing fees or any other fee that may be charged by AppBiz at any time, at the sole discretion of AppBiz and upon reasonable notice posted in advance on the Website. No refunds of fees already paid will be given. If we exercise our right to cancel a membership as provided under these Terms of Service, at any time, we will not refund the membership fee already paid.
Employer and Freelancer
(1) Project Agreement. The engagement, contracting and management of a project are between an Employer and a Freelancer. Upon acceptance of a quote, the Employer agrees to purchase, and the Freelancer agrees to deliver, the services and related deliverables in accordance with the following agreements: (a) the agreement between Employer and Freelancer including the Project Proposal, Project Description, and other terms and conditions as communicated between Employer and Freelancer on the Website or otherwise, (b) these Terms of Service, and (c) any other content uploaded to the Website by either party (collectively, the “Project Agreement”). You agree not to enter into any contractual provisions in conflict with these Terms of Service. Any provision of a Project Agreement in conflict with these Terms of Service is void. Employer is responsible for managing, inspecting, accepting and paying for satisfactory services and deliverables in accordance with the Project Agreement in a timely manner. Freelancer is responsible for the performance and quality of the services in accordance with the Project Agreement in a timely manner. Employer and Freelancer each covenants and agrees to act with good faith and fair dealing in performance of the Project Agreement.
(2) Independence. Employer and Freelancer each acknowledges and agrees that their relationship is that of independent contractors. The Freelancer shall perform services as an independent contractor and nothing in these Terms of Service shall be deemed to create a partnership, joint venture, agency, or employer-employee relationship between Freelancer and Employer or between AppBiz and any Employer or Freelancer.
Restricted / Prohibited Projects / Work activities
– Online gaming
– Adult content and services
– Get rich quick schemes
– Video game or virtual world credits
– Money exchange services
– Virtual currency buy /sell / exchange
– Remittance payments