WELCOME TO ONLINE STREAMING- KODI
What is KODI/XBMC?
Formerly known as XBMC, KODI is free open source media app that allows users to fully digitize their entertainment package all inone place as well as, share them on any media device. By downloading and configuring the software, Kodi enables its users to stream the latest movies, TV shows, music Ads FREE.
Initially Kodi began as XBMP (Xbox Media Player) in 2002, before evolving into the better known XBMC (Xbox Media Centre) which was released in 2004.The software is becoming the more popular choice among people who want the ease of having their personalized networked home media centre. That is, a media hub in which you can watch your favourite TV series/ TV and listen to music.
Here, Config gives a comprehensive explanation on: the legality of Kodi, how to set up Kodi for Android, Windows, IOS/Linux/ MAC for:
- Non- technical, non- computer savvy users.
- Extremely busy users with too much other pertinent task at hand.
- Users not sold on Kodi, but just giving it a look.
IS KODI LEGAL?
Kodi is a software tool just as legal as any other distributed under the GNU General Public License. However, just like any other software used for downloading and sharing information, Kodi can be used for less reputable activities. For example, watching illegally uploaded videos through Kodi Media Player.
The task is therefore yours to use Kodi in a responsible manner that will cause no harm or infringes to anyone. Kodi is undoubtedly and completely a legal media centre software that you can use on any device of your choice.
WHAT CAN KODI DO? IS KODI COMPATIBLE WITH MY DEVICE?
Kodi is media software that enables its users to watch and listen to a wide array of music, TV Shows, and Videos all in one place and share on any device of your choosing. Kodi can turn your tablet, laptop, cell phone into a centralized media centre as, it is compatible with IOS, OS X, Linux, Windows, and Android.
How to Setup Kodi?
Kodi, previously XBMC promises a secret stash of Ads Free, latest Movies, TV series and popular live channels. However, for Kodi newbies, this promise is illusive as once Kodi is installed, users are clueless as no such boasted content is seen. There are thousands of YouTube videos trying to tell users how to setup kodi completely, but these videos normally don’t cater for individuals who are:
- Non- technical, non- computer savvy users,
- Extremely busy users with too much other pertinent tasks at hand,
- Users not sold on Kodi, but just giving it a look.
If any of the above describes you, then the following steps aim to exceed your expectations by getting your Kodi fully functional in seconds.
As a complete Kodi setup guide, this blog will be focusing on the simplest method to install and completely setup Kodi on all platforms (Andriod, IOS, Mac, Linux, etc).
COMPLETE KODI SETUP ON ANDROID
Please Ensure To Uninstall Any Previous Kodi Version Before Installation!
- To install Kodi for Andriod you will need to visit Google Play if your android version is 5.0 and above. For users with android version 4.4.2 and below will have to install Kodi via: www.Kodi.tv/download. Users with android 5.0 who are having Google Play compatibility issues should also install Kodi from this website: www.Kodi.tv/download.
- Install Configurator for Kodi app from Google Play or here: http://www.kodiconfig.com/tvfree/
- Open Configurator and Click setup choose your setup build.
- Open Kodi when progress bar completes
- That’s it! Your Kodi is now fully configured for you.
COMPLETELY SETUP KODI ON WINDOWS
- Install Windows version of Kodi found on the Kodi download page
- Install Configurator for Kodi Windows found here: http://www.kodiconfig.com/tvfree/
- Click setup Kodi and wait until progress bar completes.
- That’s it, your Kodi is now fully functional
FULLY SETUP KODI ON IOS/LINUX/MAC
Follow these instructions to setup Kodi on your Mac.
- First, go to the official Kodi website and download the installation file.
- Once the process is complete, double-click on the file you have just downloaded. This will extract the necessary Disk Image. Your Mac will prompt you to drag and drop the app into the application folder.
- As soon as this is done, you can launch the Kodi app.
Important!! You might get a notification on your Mac that does not allow you to open applications from unknown developers.
If that is the case, follow these steps:
- Click on the little ‘Apple icon’ (top left corner of your screen).
- Then, go to ‘System Preferences’ -> ‘Security & Privacy.’ Now click ‘Unlock’ (lower left corner of the window), Finally turn on the ‘Anywhere’ option under the ‘Allow apps downloaded from’ section.
4. Launch Kodi and then go to System -> File Manager. Click on ‘Add Source’. Select ‘None’ and the enter the following: http://fusion.tvaddons.ag Click ‘Done’. Scroll to the empty bar and enter: fusion Click ‘Done’. Select ‘OK’.
5. From the home screen, go to ‘System’ -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Add-ons’ Select ‘Install from zip file’. Choose ‘fusion’ -> ‘Start-Here’. Click on ‘plugin.program.addoninstaller-1.2.9.zip’ to install it.
6. Now, from the home screen, go to ‘Programs’ -> ‘Program add-ons’. Click ‘Addon Installer’ and wait for it to load. Then, select ‘Featured Addons’. Select Exodus and install it.
- From the Kodi home screen, choose ‘Videos’ -> ‘Addons’ -> Exodus.
You can use the same process to install other top add-ons such as Alluc, SALTS, Pro Sports, SportsDevil, or UK Turk.
Automatically setup Kodi IOS
- Tap the Cydia icon on your homescreen.
- Sources -> Edit -> Add
- Type in http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/ios/
- Tap on the team Kodi source.
- Tap on ‘All Packages’ and then on ‘Kodi-iOS’.
- Tap install, then confirm
- Let it install, then exit Cydia. You should now have a new Kodi icon on your screen.
And you’re done! You should now be running Kodi v17.3 Krypton for iOS. See here to verify your Kodi version. Updates for stable releases of Kodi are handled by Cydia and will show up in the ‘Changes’ section when available. (After updating the sources)