HOW TO INSTALL KODI AND FULLY SETUP KODI AUTOMATICALLY
Kodi, previously xbmc promises a secret stash of Ads Free, latest Movies, TV series and popular live channels. However, for kodi newbies, this promise is illusive as when kodi is installed, no such boasted content is seen. There are thousands of YouTube videos trying to tell users how to setup kodi completely, but these videos normally not caters for these 3 sets of people
- None technical, none computer Savy users
- Extremely busy users with too much other pertinent task at hand
- Users not sold on Kodi, but just giving it a look
If any of the above describes you, then this blog aims to exceed your expectations and get you kodi fully functional in seconds
As a complete Kodi setup guide, I will be focusing on the simplest method to install and completely setup kodi on all platforms
Complete Kodi setup on android
- Install kodi from Google Play if your android version is 5.0 and above. For users with android version 4.4.2 and below will have to install Kodi via Kodi.tv/download. Users with android 5.0 and having Google Play compatible issues should also install Kodi from website. Ensure to uninstall previous kodi version before install
- Install Configurator for Kodi app from Google Play or Here
- Open Configurator and Click setup choose your setup build. Open Kodi when progress bar completes
- That’s it! Your Kodi is now fully configured for you.
Completely Setup Kodi on Windows
1. Install Windows version of Kodi found at kodi download page
2. Install Configurator for Kodi Windows found here
3. Click setup Kodi and wait until progress bar completes. That’s it, your Kodi is now fully functional
Fully setup Kodi on IOS/Linux/MAC
Follow these instructions to setup Kodi on your Mac.
- First, go to the official Kodi website and download the installation file.
- Once the process is complete, double-click on the file you have just downloaded. This will extract the necessary Disk Image. Your Mac will prompt you to drag and drop the app into the application folder.
- Once this is done, you can launch the Kodi app. Important: You might get a notification on your Mac that does not allow you to open applications from unknown developers. If that is the case follow these steps: Click on the little ‘Apple icon’ (top left corner of your screen). Then, go to ‘System Preferences’ -> ‘Security & Privacy.’ Now click ‘Unlock’ (lower left corner of the window), Finally turn on the ‘Anywhere’ option under the ‘Allow apps downloaded from’ section.
- Launch Kodi and then go to System -> File Manager. Click on ‘Add Source’. Select ‘None’ and the enter the following: http://fusion.tvaddons.ag Click ‘Done’. Scroll to the empty bar and enter: fusion Click ‘Done’. Select ‘OK’.
- From the home screen, go to ‘System’ -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Add-ons’ Select ‘Install from zip file’. Choose ‘fusion’ -> ‘Start-Here’. Click on ‘plugin.program.addoninstaller-1.2.9.zip’ to install it.
- Now, from the home screen, go to ‘Programs’ -> ‘Program add-ons’. Click ‘Addon Installer’ and wait for it to load. Then, select ‘Featured Addons’. Select Exodus and install it.
- From the Kodi home screen, choose ‘Videos’ -> ‘Addons’ -> Exodus.
You can use the same process to install other top add-ons such as Alluc, SALTS, Pro Sports, SportsDevil, or UK Turk.
Automatically setup Kodi IOS
- Tap the Cydia icon on your homescreen.
- Sources -> Edit -> Add
- Type in http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/ios/
- Tap on the teamKodi source.
- Tap on ‘All Packages’ and then on ‘Kodi-iOS’.
- Tap install, then confirm
- Let it install, then exit Cydia. You should now have a new Kodi icon on your screen.
And you’re done! You should now be running Kodi v17.3 Krypton for iOS. See here to verify your Kodi version. Updates for stable releases of Kodi are handled by Cydia and will show up in the ‘Changes’ section when available. (After updating the sources)